Monday, October 12, 2009

Baltimore Comic Con

I just got back from the Baltimore Comic Con and had a great time. This was really a fun experience and if anyone hasn't been to Baltimore, I highly suggest visiting. It was great to see some familiar faces from other conventions (like my friend Charlie Harper) and also to meet some new friends. We sat next to Mike Maihack, the creator of Cow and Buffalo, as well as R. M. Rhodes from Oletheros Publishing, both of whom were very nice guys and had some interesting products. Be sure to check them out.

It was also nice to have some sketching time, and I indulged in drawing one of my favorite creatures - giant monster spiders with freakishly large fangs:





3 comments:

MuYoung Kim said...

Wow...I wish I was able to go to more cons...I am so envious of your lifestyle, Kim...you're such a rockstar!

I guess this means I just need to find a way to channel my inner awesome...

:)

Charlie Harper said...

So good to see you again Kim. What a scary, yet awesome arachnid creature! I apologize for not being to stop back by your table, it was crazy busy which was a great thing! Happy creating!

K. Feigenbaum said...

Mu: I wish I could go to more as well. It's hardly a rockstar lifestyle, though. Stuck in the car for hours with two other loud, smelly comic geeks surviving on fast food and beef jerky, then arriving at the convention to explain to the masses that yes, I (and not the guys sitting next to me) did in fact draw that monster, - not exactly glamorous, but it is fun.

Charlie: It was great to see you again, too! I'm glad to hear business was busy for you and your friends. We had a pretty crazy time at our table, as well. Hopefully, I'll see you at Heroes if they can get all the kinks worked out with the convention center.